Current Job Openings with Firefly:
Social Skills Group Leader – Saturdays
Become a part of the Firefly Team!
Firefly Autism is a great place to work. Members of the Firefly Autism team enjoy the following benefits:
- Supervision by a board certified behavior analyst
- Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of therapists and professionals
- Opportunities to work with children and young adults across the full range of the autism spectrum disorder
- Connection to leading professionals in the autism field
- Generous benefits package including paid time off
- Health, vision and dental benefits
- Professional development support and opportunities
- Friendly and supportive environment, exceptional kids and families
Social Skills Group Leader
Job Title: Social Skills Group Leader
(5-6 Hours Saturday morning-afternoon)
- Facilitate weekly social skills groups
- Coordinates confirmation of attendance of clients
- Coordinates and supervises Social Skills Assistant
- Analyze and graph weekly social skills data
- Update weekly data sheets before group session
- Update parents on group member progress individually at the end of each group session
- Supervise and provide feedback to Group Assistant with support of Social Skills Group Coordinator
- Commitment to being Group Leader for a minimum 6-month period
- Bachelor’s in related field, RBT qualification or above required
- Experience working with clients aged 2-18 years old with varying disabilities
- Experience with collecting behavior and skill acquisition data
- Experience communicating with parents about skills and progress
Excellent communication skills, planning and organizing required.
Interested parties must submit cover letter and resume to Dr. Amanda Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or send fax ATTN:HR-SSG to (303) 759-1194.
FLEXIBLE HOURS, ESPECIALLY 4:00 – 8:00pm WEEKDAYS, AND SATURDAYS.
WE CAN TRAIN YOU!
Trained Behavioral Technicians work in homes with families living with autism to improve children’s lives through skill acquisition and increasing appropriate behaviors. Technicians are part of the team to support the child and family. Firefly delivers successful interventions designed specifically for each unique individual. Behavioral technicians focus on a variety of areas with our client using proven data-driven methodologies based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
About the Company:
As a leader in its field, and a nonprofit organization, Firefly Autism is changing can’t to can for children and families living with autism in Colorado. Firefly, an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) center, works one-on-one with children from 18 months to 21 years. ABA treatment is considered to be the “gold standard” of treating autism. Firefly makes it possible for children to make improvements that can be charted and proven not in years, but in weeks and months.
Specialties: ABA Therapy, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Parent Training, Behavior Management, Organizational Behavior Management
This is a part-time hourly position up to 23.5 hours per week. The hourly compensation is commensurate with experience and education.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of children living with autism spectrum disorder and their families, come join our team!
- College degree with 2 plus year’s experience working with behavioral clients, preferably children
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must complete necessary training to demonstrate the knowledge of behavioral principles and instructional strategies. This includes implementation of complex curriculum and behavior plans; data collection and analysis. NOTE: Firefly provides training.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to engage in interactions with co-workers, supervisors, clients and parents in professional way
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and support program philosophy
- Dedication to and investment in student progress
- Flexibility in the area of scheduling and client assignment
- Registered Behavior Technician qualification
- Skilled in problem solving instructional and treatment programs
- Education based or vocational work experience (young child through adult)
- Skilled in social skill development
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge and experiences with assistive technology
Professional Development and Training (provided by Firefly):
- Attends staff trainings and meetings
- Participates in initial and follow-up training in applied behavior analysis methodology and physical management
- Keeps CPR and First Aid certification current
- Training as a Registered Behavior Technician (per standards set forth by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board)
- Participates in other professional development and training as assigned
- Able to sit and stand frequently and shift positions quickly
- Able to do the following for extended periods of time:
- Sit/kneel on floor
- Sit in a chair
- Able to physically manage teenagers/young adults, including providing physical guidance, physical prompts, bending
- Able to move quickly and keep up with running teenagers/young adults/small children
- Pass crisis intervention training and safely apply all physical management procedures on all clients when necessary
INTERNSHIP & PRACTICUM OPPORTUNITIES
Firefly Autism takes interns and practicums in the fall and in the spring. We require a year-long commitment of at least one day per week. Priority is given to those who are pursuing their BCBA credential.
Interested parties must download and complete the employee application and submit it with COVER LETTER and RESUME to HR@fireflyautism.org, or fax ATTN: HR-Internships to (303) 759-1194.